I will give nothing away by admitting that for my PAL-a-thon story I am writing a little Mary Sue story.
Don't look at me like that.
Besides, it's not like the object of her affection is at all interested since, you know, his head's nearly been eaten by more than a few
I look at it this way, if other writers
So there! *sticks tongue out*
However, I turn my hopeful eyes to all of you to help me give birth to a damn fine idea (ifIdosaysomyself).
See, while doing my boring job, I had a funny thought. A hilarious thought actually.
What would the Ultimate Mary Sue soundtrack soundlike?
Aside from having Evanescence on it, I mean.
So, I'm asking all of you to contribute to the soundtrack, which will be posted on Friday, April 1 to go along with my PAL-a-thon story.
Oh. Wait! Rules!
- Nominate any song you want. A song you adore! A song you hate! A song you hate to admit you adore! The only rule is that it reminds you of the Ultimate Mary Sue.
- You may nominate an Ultimate Mary Sue song that's been covered by a much, much cooler artist. For example, you may think Oops! I Did It Again by god ol
skankyBrit Spears may be an Ultimate Mary Sue song. However, you may not want to admit that you own every CD ol' Brit has ever recorded. In which case, you may substitute Richard Thompson's cover of the song if you wish to keep your rapidly dwindling cool points.
- You may nominate as many songs as you like.
- You must send me the MP3 file for the song. You can upload the song to YouShareIt or YouSendIt. Be sure to email the link to liz DOT music AT gmail DOT com as well as copy-and-paste the link in a reply to this entry.
- Please make your recommendations in response to this post only as I will lose the file if you send it to me as an attached file.
- Since I'm seriously considering sending a copy to a fanmix soundtrack community, you will of course be credited for making the suggestion. Yes! Your name will be up in bright, shiny lights for reccing Ultimate Mary Sue songs.
- However, if you ph33r losing your cool points, I will be more than happy to keep you an AnnonyMouse. Simply say that you wish to fall under the Mary Sue Protection Program, as I am all for protecting the
- Needless to say, all replies to this journal are screened. I want to
horrifysurprise everyone with the tunes on Friday, April 1.
- All Ultimate Mary Sue song recommendations are due by midnight Tuesday, April 29
You want to do it. C'mon, you sooooo know you wanna.
ETA: People looking for Part 19 of Water Hold Me Down, please click here.
People look for my Remix Fic Five Easy Steps to a Broken Heart (Deep Space Nine fandom), please go here.