I know I swore off ever doing a fic-a-thon again, but...whaddya know...I signed up for this one because it sounded interesting.leni_ba
is running cya_ficathon
, which is essentially a "Choose Your Own Author" fic-a-thon. She's running second rounds right now (please submit your entry by August 19; due date for stories is October 21).
Here are the rules from cya_ficathon
Tired of getting your request written by someone who obviously couldn't care less for the pairing/character you asked for?
Tired of getting requested to write pairings/characters you never ever cared about?
1) During sign-up period every participant fills out this form.
2) Once the Author List is posted you have to choose THREE authors (no more, please no less)
3) Leave your requests (max. 3, one per author) as a reply to that post.
4) The assignment should be in your mailbox within the next two weeks.
5) While there will always be an official deadline, betaed stories may be posted before that date.
I submitted a question to leni_ba
to find out a little bit more on how many stories we're actually asked to write (my guess is we choose one request).
The first round of CYA got something like 49 authors involved. This second round only has nine (so far). You can check out the first-round masterlist here
if you want to decide to join.
The second round masterlist has not been posted yet.
In other news, new Living History
part tonight! :-)