And since I am faced with a crappy, paperwork-filled weekend (long story), I want some cool Halloween-type stories in my que.
(It doesn't help that I haven't been able to do more than glance at my FList for the past month.)
So, I'm starting a self-pimping meme.
All of you fanficcers out there, I want you to post a link to your most Halloween-ish story. Note, the story doesn't need to be about Halloween, or even take place at Halloween. Just the story that you think best fits the Halloween spirit.
Some ground rules:
1. It must be complete. No WiPs allowed.
2. Do NOT post just a link. Post all header information, such as title, fandom, pairing, trigger warnings, etc. (See below for an example.)
3. All fandoms welcome.
4. All pairings welcome.
5. All genres welcome. For example: If you think the story you've written that best fits the Halloween spirit scares the pants off people, fantastic! If you think the story you've written that best fits the Halloween spirit is a straight-up laugh-fest, fantastic!
6. Given numbers 3, 4, and 5 above, I can't promise to read every story sent to me (I've got my own pairing dislikes and squicks, and I don't know every fandom ever). Think of it as a as a resource list where like-minded people might find your story, and where you might find stories by like-minded people.
7. I know some of you on DreamWidth and InsaneJournal are going to hate this, but: Post your information here on ElJay. (Most of my FList is still on ElJay, and I'd really like to keep the list in one place.)
So, here's an example of what I'd love to see for self-pimping in the comments for your Halloween Spirit story:
Title: The Monsters Are Due in Washington Square
Summary: Nothing’s the same after the monsters come to town.
Genre: Gen; Apoca-fic, dark fic, future fic
Series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel the Series
Characters: Xander, Faith, Willow, Angel, original characters
Pairings: Xander/OC; Xander/Faith (referred to in the past tense)
Warnings: Buffy and Angel comics are willfully and cheerfully ignored. Character (original character) death. Violence.
Author’s Note: Title inspired by The Twilight Zone episode, “The Monsters are Due on Maple Street” written by series creator Rod Serling. Opening quote taken from The Twilight Zone episode, “Third from the Sun” written by Rod Serling. Story vaguely inspired by a mash-up of both “The Monsters are Due on Maple Street” and “Third from the Sun”.
So, let's see some Halloween stories out there! (Pretty, pretty please!)