1) Sneak on to a certain character-centric, het-only, wanktastic, crossover hell of a fanfic Yahoo Group at work because it's been a week since you beat yourself over the head with a two-by-four and your inner masochist needed to be fed.
2) See the bad Fanfiction Dot Net summaries from fanfic stories, you know the ones...the ones like you see here that really gives all shippers (and not just writers in this particular ship) a bad name.
3) Snicker in amusement because, yeah, they are pretty bad.
4) Make the huuuuuuuuge mistake of reading the responses because you're hoping for more random amusement.
4) Note the increasingly self-righteous tone as people respond.
5) Get annoyed with a certain character-centric, het-only, wanktastic, crossover hell of a fanfic Yahoo Group for being all, "Beam? What Beam? I ain't got no Beam in my eye!" Because, you know, only the best post to this group.
6) Do something stupid by pointing this fact out, specifically using the words "crossovers that make no sense", "Xander as Marty Stu", and "Hey, you know people are laughing at you guys too for your summaries, right?"
7) Hit send.
8) Realize that you really, really shouldn't have done that.
9) Blame the fact that you've been working in PowerPOINT all day for your lapse in sanity.
10) Hide under desk and wait for list-wide explosion of wank that you didn't mean to start.
11) You expect that deciding whether or not to leave this certain character-centric, het-only, wanktastic, crossover hell of a fanfic Yahoo Group is going to be moot. Understand that you will be so completely banned before this is over that it won't be funny.
12) So, how was your day?
Anyway, I've been hiding away from my computer all day yesterday. *hic* So thank you ALL for the birthday wishes! *grins*
Although I was doing research-y things yesterday regarding the New Fic That's Eating My Brain, so, expect something rantish....